Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Almond Butter Cookies

Usually I don't shy away from flour, but I had some extra almond butter lying around, so I thought I'd give these a whirl. And I'm sure glad I did! Because they are amazing!

INGREDIENTS:
1 cup almond butter
1/2 cup light or dark brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup slivered almonds
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease a baking sheet with butter and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, stir almond butter and sugars together until well combined.
4. Add egg, baking soda, maple syrup, vanilla and salt and mix well. Stir in the almonds and chocolate chips.
5. Using a teaspoon, scoop out small, walnut-sized amounts of dough and roll them in your hands to form a ball. Place on cookie sheet about 1 inch apart.
6. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home