Sunday, February 03, 2019

Elderberry Sour Gummies

I want to share my Elderberry Sour Gummie Snack recipe! I've been playing around with these for a while and finally found the killer combo and an elderberry syrup that I like =)



Ingredients:
- 1/3 cup Fat Stone Farm Elderberry Apple Shots
- 1/3 cup lemon or lime juice or a mix of both (fresh squeezed and strained)
- 3 tbsp Raw Organic Honey
- 3 tbsp Grass Fed gelatin powder (I like Vital Proteins)
- Silicone molds for gummies (I use these )

Instructions:
1. Put gelatin powder in a small bowl and gently stir in the lemon/lime juice and elderberry syrup and let sit to bloom for 5 minutes.
2. While blooming, measure out honey. (I find it easier to warm mine up so it will just pour)
3. Set molds on cookie sheet for easy transport.
4. Gently stir bloomed gelatin and honey in small saucepan over low heat till all blended together and gelatin melts. (do not boil!)
5. Using a large medicine dropper or turkey baster (that's what I use) fill in molds to desired height. (I find this recipe fills 3 of my star molds with the stars 2/3rds full.)
6. Place filled molds in freezer for 5-10 minutes to let set.
7. Remove from freezer and pop out gummies into air tight container. I use a mason jar.
8. Store in fridge up to 2 weeks, if they last that long!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home